June 10, 2010

Kirala Sushi

1870 Prairie City Road Folsom, CA

A fairly obscure location, without the gift certificate I received for this restaurant, I probably wouldn't have come, not because of anything negative about the sushi but because I hadn't heard of it or seen it, that said, it was a very pleasant experience, the staff was friendly and though I went on a Saturday, it was by no means crowded (probably because of the location)
here's how it scored-

1. Rice - 4
(good, not lacking anything, but also not so good that I would reach for a plain clump that fell off a roll)

2. Sauce - 4
(Excellent variety with good pairings)

3. Frying - 4
(both the shrimp and fried roll were a beautiful golden brown)

4. Combinations - 3
(everything we had was good, but there seemed to be a bit of a monotony in the roll variety)

5. Price - 3
(standard costs, about 10-14 per roll, however they say from 4:30 to 8 pm you can have all you can eat rolls for about $13 a person, I'm not sure which rolls are on that list [I was there for lunch] but this could be an incredible deal)

6. Aesthetics - 3
(traditional sushi looks, a family friendly atmosphere)

Total points - 21 for 84% or a solid B

overall a good go to restaurant if you live nearby be sure to check out the all you can eat menu, (and if you do please comment below)

No comments:

Post a Comment